Saturday, February 2, 2013

Starting my Bolt Action Project

I've got the first of my Bolt Action figs assembled and primed. I had a problem with the heads, but figured out how to get them to sit right. The Japanese figures are going to be really easy to paint i found out becuase of the uniform being so mono colored. The Germans though are mostly in smocks, so I'll have to learn how to paint the camo.

This is part of a 1000 point challenge that I'm doing for myself...inspired by some friends that are doing one. Pointed out the Waffen-SS box for the first 250 points... the box is 308 points!

6 comments:

  1. Few German units wore camo until late war. And most units had mixed uniforms due to frequent changes in designs and materials.

    Waffen SS you might see in Pea Dot camo. When done right it looks really cool. Have seen some Dust players pull it off. Ill try to find a graphic with all of the German Uniforms of WW2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would enjoy learning the game more and playing my British against your Germans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To help with organizing your forces if you plan to build out a company sized force here is a good force org. Even tells you squad load out.

    http://www-solar.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/~aaron/WW2ORG/ger.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I ment, I'm proably going to do 1000pts. So a various mix and not a strick company force orbat

      Delete
  4. Any plans in the works for a Bolt Action night? I seem to have missed the events you had going on, regretfully.

    ReplyDelete