Thursday, February 28, 2013
This is the 7th Tennessee Volunteer Infantry that went west and fought in the first part of the war in Virgina and West Virgina. They were raised mostly in Wilson County and clothed by the ladies of Lebanon (which is the town that my father was born and raised in) though there were a couple of other counties that provided companies for the regiment.
Some of the equipment that I painted is conjectural of course but I tried stay pretty close to the description of the uniform. This will eventually be a 40 man regiment mounted on stands of 4 figs each. For Black Powder I will mount the 4man stands 2 to a bigger stand for 5 stands... did that make since? This is still a WIP, so I need to touch-up mistakes and finish details like the drums and then they will be ready to base, I'm hoping to get the rest of the regiment in the mail soon.
Anyway, I like I said I'm going to be doing a lot of the early uniforms. Next will be Rhodes Island Regiments and and Grey Clad New Yorkers. Then blue clad Louisiana and the Stonewall Brigade will be painted up. I usually try to stick with one manufacture but the Perry's have limited choice in this period so I will be switching to Redoubt miniatures. Redoubt has an amazing amount of choice in recreated the early war stuff.
Thursday, February 14, 2013
So here are the Japanese. I decided to use the washing style to paint them. Imperial Japanese uniforms can be amazingly easy to paint because they seem to be one color for all the items on the uniform. I think I need to use black to pick out the spaces between the shirt and the straps. Also, I'm going to need to learn how to photo miniatures.
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
So my camera died just as I was about to update the photos for my bolt action project. I'm hoping to get it going for tomorrow... at which point I'm going to trying editing this post. The Japanese are almost done, need to pick out the details. The Germans are a little farther along, I need to wash them and then do the camo and I think they are done after the base. I decided to paint them as Panzergrenadiers, I liked the camo. Hope to have the photos of them tomorrow.
Saturday, February 2, 2013
I've got the first of my Bolt Action figs assembled and primed. I had a problem with the heads, but figured out how to get them to sit right. The Japanese figures are going to be really easy to paint i found out becuase of the uniform being so mono colored. The Germans though are mostly in smocks, so I'll have to learn how to paint the camo.